Thursday 12 July 2012

Everyday Makeup

As you probably don't know, last week I went away with a few of the girls to Magalluf and had the best time ever, loads of drink and lost of sun- maybe a bit too much though. I would post some pictures on here from it, but the majority of the holiday I had a swollen eye from a 'reaction to too much sun' and two injections in my bum (lovely, huh?) a load of tablets and  €115 later, it disappeared, unfortunately on our last day. The swelling started really suddenly on my right eye and made its way over my nose and to my left eye, oh boy I looked a treat. 


ANYWAY, now that's over and done with, I thought I would do a post with my everyday makeup for the last few weeks. Although it's not overly interesting, I chop and change every few weeks or days, as and when I please. So, here's my current look with the products below.

On my face:
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (True Ivory 103)
Rimmel Stay Matte powder (transparent)
Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades (Way to Glow)
Rimmel Powder Blush (Bronze 41).

 As you can probably tell, they're all high-street (can't be pushing the boat out to higher end products just yet- unfortunately). So, for my face I use the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation and it is probably the best foundation I have ever used, such a good coverage, such a good price and the shade matches me really well, especially now with my slight tan. On top of that I use Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder something which I have been using for a year or two and have struggled to find anything that's around the same price and better. Next, I use Shimmer Shades, using the highlighter under my eyebrows and along the tops of my cheek bones. The darker brown I use as a light contour under my cheek bones and around my temples and forhead. Lastly, Rimmel's bronzer I use on the apples of my cheeks to give me a 'radiant glow'. 
My Eyes:
Beauty UK eyeshadow collection (4)
Vital Radience Brow Fill-In Powder (02 Blonde)
17 Wild Curls Mascara (Wildest Black)
17 Peep Show Mascara (Black)

On the base colour of my eyes I use the creamy colour in the palette (second from left, bottom row). I then use the truffle colour (top row in the middle) blended into my crease with the gold next to it on top and in the outer corners of my eyes to take away the harshness. I've recently broken away from using liquid eye liner, not really too sure why because a few months ago there wouldn't be a day that goes by without wearing winged eye liner. However, instead I use the black ran just along my upper lash line. Lastly for my eyebrows, I use the lighter colour to fill them in a little- not too much as I feel with blonde hair eyebrows can easily look too over done.


What's your favourite high-street products you use regularly? Have you been to Magalluf before? What did you think?


My next post should be coming soon, hoping for a nail one :)


Sam xx






4 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! and great blog:) thank you for commenting on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, you are gorgeous! Only done a few posts but hope to do a lot more :) No problem xx

      Delete
  2. Love the make up look, it's really pretty!

    http://fallingfeatherss.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading and replying to comments. Thanks for all the time you spend reading my blog and leaving me messages xx