Monday 5 November 2012

Makeup Tag

The Lovely Charlotte tagged me to do this and it's been on the cards for a while so I may aswell get on with it :)

Q1: How long have you been wearing make-up? 
Probably since I was in about year 7, so that's about 11-12? Not a full face of makeup though and only on weekends (when I could be bothered). I remember loving kohl eyeliner and mascara.

Q2: What was your favourite make-up product in the beginning?
I used to love eyeliner and mascara, not much else really. I remember I could never find a black eyeliner that was dark enough and would stay put until I found this one from Avon. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called but it was GREAT.

Q3: What is your favourite make-up product now? 
Probably nail varnish and lipstick. I don't often wear lipstick apart from on nights out but I just think it's so pretty to add a different colour to your lips, makes the whole face of makeup look so much better.

Q4: What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning?
I would probably saaay Avon (because my mum always used to pay for my makeup from Avon, haha) or Miss Sporty. That was the cheapest makeup brand in my town and probably still is, so it was probably everyone's faaave.

Q5: What are some of your favourite brands now? 
I'm not too adventurous when it comes to makeup brands if I'm honest, I just stick to the same old high street ones.. Rimmel, Barry M, L'oreal. I love love love Rimmel lipsticks and their Wake Me Up foundation. Mmmmm :) I would like to say I like Urban Decay but I feel I can't really say I like their brand as I only own their Naked palette. That's a great excuse to build up a collection :)

Q6: How would you describe your make-up style?
I'd like to say natural.. but when some people think of natural they think of just mascara and foundation. So, in that case i'm going for neutral toned. That's just made me sound like I shovel on the make-up, I don't, don't worry haha. 

Q7: What is your everyday make-up like? 
Nothing out of the ordinary, bit of blended eye shadow, bronzer, winged liner. Nothing spectacular.

Q8: What is your going out make-up like? 
I love to put fake eyelashes on, even if they're just really natural and I put a bit of mascara over the top. I often do a darker colour in the creases and corners of my eyes and a bright red lip is never rare.

Q9: What make-up look are you known for? 
Probably winged liner, or eyeliner of any kind. I always used to wear black eyeliner on my water line, not so much now. I went through a stage a few months ago not wearing any winged liner and my friends all commented on how it's not like looking at me without it.

Q10: What is the worst beauty crime you have commited? 
I have the burden of being one of those girls who used to wear too much foundation. I don't think I ever looked overly orange, but I just used to love dream matte mousse and lets just say I was aways topping up- dear God what was I thinking!

Q11: What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not commited? 
Hmmm, not sure on this one, probably the spider eyelashes. I can never understand how girls have the patience to put soo much mascara on and how they have enough product in the tube to do it aswell!

Q12: What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of? 
I'm not so much of a fan of wearing pencil eyeliner on my waterline, unless I'm wearing liquid on my lids. I think it just drags your eyes down and doesn't do anything for the shape or brightness of them.

Q13: What is one trend you are proud to say you were never a part of? 
I'd like to say foundation lips like Charlotte did but unfortunately there was a short time where I was a part of that too. I know, shoot me now! So for this question, I may just have to pass. :( :(

Q14: What is one look you will never ever go for?
Spider lashes. I've said it once and I will say it again, they are awful and should be banned from the Earths surface. (No offence if you wear too much mascara)

Q15: If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would it be? 
I'd love to be able to just wear mascara on my eyes, and a really bright lip. Either that or the 'bronzed goddess' looks that are always all over the magazines in the summer. It's gorgeous but 1. I couldn't re-create it and 2. I don't think I would particularly suit it.

Q16: An old Holy Grail product of yours?
Rimmerl Stay Matte Powder every time. I've used it for years and I probably will still use it for years.

Q17: A new Holy Grail product of yours?
Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation. This is the high street foundation I have been looking for for years. I love it because it's easy to apply, hides a lot of my freckles (one of the most important factors when looking for a foundation) and it lasts for hours.


Thanks for reading what is probably a massive pile of drivel. 
Speak soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading and replying to comments. Thanks for all the time you spend reading my blog and leaving me messages xx